March break camps are available during the week-long break when public and Catholic schools are closed. These camps are popular with children and parents alike. Parents love them because they don’t need to find sitters or shuffle work schedules to watch over their children. Children love them because they are a fun way to fill up free time and indulge in their interests.
In this guide, we’ll explore the different types of local March Break camps available and the advantages of choosing a certified martial arts camp.
What Types of March Break Camps Are There?
There are dozens of March break camps in Milton and Oakville. They cover a wide range of physical and creative interests, such as:
- Martial arts
- Outdoor adventures
Ultimately, if you are looking for “spring break camps near me,” there are numerous options that align with your child’s interests. That said, spots tend to fill up fast at popular camps, which is why you should enroll early. If you don’t, there’s a good chance you may not secure a space at your first choice.
How Much Do March Break Camps Cost?
There’s no fixed pricing for camps, and it will vary depending on the company offering the camp and the nature of the programming. The cost of a camp will depend on:
- Equipment required
- Before-and-after hours or extended care options
Some camps allow your child to attend on a per-day basis, meaning they have a daily fee. Other camps offer enrollment for the full duration of the break.
Making the Best Use of Local Spring Break Camps
Martial arts camps give your child the opportunity to explore varied interests. They provide the opportunity to try out new things and gain skills – ones they may not otherwise have the option to discover during the school year. Here are a few benefits to consider if you’re searching for “March break activities near me,” such as:
- Make new friends and improve social skills: Your child will get to interact with children their own age, mingle with peers, and learn social skills.
- Develop confidence: Camps give children the opportunity to experience independence, take risks, and build confidence in themselves.
- Become physically active: Martial arts camps involve a lot of movement. They will encourage your child to become more active and maintain positive body habits.
- Learn leadership skills: Working in teams helps children develop leadership skills. What’s more, they get to do so in a supportive, judgment-free environment.
- Pursue interests: Whether it’s continuing the journey to the next belt or trying their hand at new techniques, camps provide the opportunity to discover and hone skills.
What to Look for in a Camp
Your duty as the parent is to ensure March Break activities are suitable for your child. Some markers of a professional and organized camp include the following:
- The camp is supervised by qualified instructors.
- Children have a safe space to learn, physically and emotionally.
- It fits with your daily schedule.
- The facility is well-maintained.
- The company is well-regarded by other parents.
- There are measurable benefits from the camp.
Start or Continue Your Martial Arts Journey
Dragon Taekwondo’s March Break camp is a popular option for parents and children alike. Your child will learn self-defense skills, focus, and concentration. Plus, they’ll get to interact with like-minded children their own age. Click here to enroll for March Break Camp 2024. If you have any questions, our team will be happy to answer them.