While other taekwondo schools offer mainly classes, at Dragon Taekwondo we offer so much more. Our roster of afterschool programs and camps for kids is something we’re proud of.
We give kids an outlet and the opportunity to grow, and their parents some much-needed time!
Our martial arts summer camps are something we take great pride in. Here is what you need to know about our camps for kids.
The Basics of Our Summer Camps for Kids
Our taekwondo summer camps are open to children between four and twelve years old. Children do not have to have any previous experience with taekwondo in order to attend the camp. They will learn about and participate in martial arts but they will also enjoy several other enriching experiences.
Depending on the camp, your child may get to participate in:
- Laser tag
- Warp wall climbing
- Arts and crafts
- Nerf wars
- Ninja course
- Rock climbing
- Interactive floor projector games
We may also leave the dojo and attend these places:
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- African Lion Safari
- Ontario Science Center
- Laser Quest
- Indoor Trampoline Park
- Glow in the Dark Mini Putt
Highly Trained Staff
The safe supervision of your children is our utmost concern. Our staff are trained in more than taekwondo and can provide a safe, enriching, and entertaining environment for your children.
Martial arts summer camps are only good as the people leading them, and we have an exceptional team.
Your Child’s Development
Martial arts summer camps can help your child develop in so many ways. Not just physically, but also emotionally, mentally, and in character. Some of the skills that we help your child develop include:
- Well-rounded physical skills: Balance, coordination, and strength in equal measure. Taekwondo focuses on all four limbs and all essential physical skills.
- Emotional strength: We focus on mental skills as much as physical skills in taekwondo. Your child will be more self-possessed and diligent after practicing with us.
- Leadership: Our students go on to be accomplished leaders, all with the skills they learn in taekwondo.
- Weapons and self-defense: Your child will also be much better equipped to defend themselves.
Sign up for Our Oakville Summer Camps
If you’re thinking of enrolling your child in Oakville summer camps, Dragon Taekwondo is the perfect place. Contact us today to enroll your child for our next summer camp or consider our winter and March Break options.